This gorgeous, easy to make cocktail, full of sweet, flavorful Elderberry Apple Shots is sure to become your new favorite drink. Most sangrias call for added sugar or simple syrup, but because Elderberry Apple Shots adds both sweetness and depth of flavor, there's no need for refined sugar. This simple mix of fruity red wine, blood oranges, and muddled basil will have you instantly refreshed.
2/3 Cup Elderberry Apple Shots
1 bottle fruity red wine (Zinfandel, Pinot Grigio, or Garnacha)
1 cup fresh basil leaves
4 blood oranges
1 small green apple
1/2 Cup fresh raspberries
1/2 Cup fresh blackberries
4 cinnamon sticks
- Pour the Elderberry Apple Shots into a large glass pitcher along with the wine. Add fresh basil, reserving a few sprigs for garnish. Use the handle of a wooden spoon to gently muddle the basil to release its flavors.
- Slice three of the blood oranges in half and squeeze the juices into the pitcher. Slice the remaining orange and add the slices to the pitcher.
- Chop the green apple into 1 inch cubes and add it to the pitcher along with the berries.
- Refrigerate the sangria for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, pour the sangria over ice, add a sprig of basil, and a cinnamon stick for garnish.