A fantastic recipe by the multi-talented Shauna Havey
Makes 8 Servings
1/3 Cup Elderberry Apple Shots
3 Cups half and half
3 teaspoons plain gelatin powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 Cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 Cup Cacao Nibs
- Pour the half and half into a medium sized sauce pan. Sprinkle the gelatin over the surface of the liquid and let it sit for five minutes. The surface of the half and half will start to look wrinkled at the edges when the gelatin has bloomed.
- Turn on the heat to medium low and whisk the mixture for a minute to allow the gelatin to dissolve. Don't allow the mixture to become too hot, you should be able to hold the tip of your finger in it for a few seconds comfortably.
- Add the vanilla, sugar, and salt. Whisk just until the sugar dissolves. Turn off the heat and whisk in the Elderberry Apple Shots.
- Pour the mixture into eight 1/2 cup ramekins or any type of small dish. Refrigerate until set. This will take at least 3 hours, but overnight works best.
- Top each panna cotta with cocoa nibs and serve cold.
*Note: I garnished this with a few edible flowers I found in the fresh herb section of my local grocery store for a little color, but they are completely optional.